Thursday, August 29, 2013

Something Old to Something New


   So recently I have been itching to get creative and do another home DIY project. So of coarse my first stop was Merchant Square which is the local antique super store in Chandler, Az.  Typically when I go to this store it takes me hours to rummage through all the cool vintage things, I love day dreaming about the stories behind each thing. However with this trip I instantly gravitated to an awesome old suitcase. It called my name and with a slamming price tag of only $19, how could I possibly resist the deal (I am a sucker for a deal...but that's a whole different post, lol).

   As I stood there staring at the suitcase I thought to myself what the heck am I going to do with this. Then it hit me we could use a super cool, unique yet functional side table for our living room... which I am currently giving a facelift too! I love eclectic conversation pieces, so this was perfect plus I figured it would be awesome for additional toy storage. After I purchased it I was so excited I rushed over to Home Depot and bought table legs, then rushed home to tell Brent I had yet another "hunny do" project. Needless to say he was not surprised that I found something at the antique store, as I rarely come home empty handed. He also had his doubts that it would look good, but to his dismay he loved it and it fit in perfectly with our homes decor. Oh, and little Miss Harper also loved it and helping her dad create her cool new toy box, as she calls it.

   This project literally took him 15 minutes to screw the legs onto the bottom of the suitcase and BAM, a totally rad side table... and did i mention it cost us under $40! Hopefully this off the wall idea gets you excited to go out and creat your own one of a kind piece of furniture or should I say art!

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment